Monday, September 18, 2023

Fance

 Here's some brain dumping on balance again. I got hurt a bunch of times in a row recently. Not massively like before, but enough to be uncomfortable. Needless to say, I'm sore. Weird series of events. I wanna think that because good stuff has been happening and some potentially good change is kinda lurking around the corner (or not, who knows), and other good stuff is coming up, that instead of sacrificing a shoulder or a foot, I'm paying in smaller installments. I'll never know for sure if this is how things work, but Balance seems to make me feel like things that happen (good or bad) are neither malicious nor blessed.

Even though I like to think that, life does absolutely feel awesome in that way sometimes. And other times it feels like... your forearm getting jabbed by a steel locking notch sticking out of a casket. Or smashing your finger in a church truck. Or falling on your knee in front of a family. Or falling onto a collapsing wooden gate and scraping your hand as you try to break your fall. All in 2 days. Hehe.

A few weeks back, my Sister in Law and I went for facials! First time for me, routine for her. I could finally redeem the gift certificate she and my Mother in Law gave me for my birthday one year, lol.
Not gonna lie, I was nervous. Didn't know what to expect. In the end though it was really nice. The lady commented on my rosacea and pretty much identified the biggest issue. But she said I have nice skin! Yay! I've heard this before, but because I look like a lobster every time I step outside or exert myself physically, it's hard to agree. Once we were done I spent too much money on products (which have been very soothing and nice so far), and we went and got boba. What a way to start the morning!

That day was busy. Lifa had made reservations and gotten us tickets for stuff later on. Once I got home it was time to change and get ready for our afternoon meeting.

He made us reservations at the tea place where my bridesmaids and I met up before my wedding! I LOOOVE this place. It's honestly 6/10 lmao, but it's just nice to sit and chill in. Don't go there if you're hungry. It's a total bratty thing but we're cute, so.

Place is overpriced to hell but adorable. And yeah it's 100% one of those places you see those lolita peeps hanging at. We looked a little different because we were dressed for the event we were going to afterwards.

Suna looked so cute :3

I was trying to unironically gossip by saying "ooh we should gossip because we have tea", but no one could think of anything. Instead we just played pretend in ugly accents and snarled fancy words like, "hmmyeas, quite, indeed, indubitably, hmyeas I concure."

So sophisticated. So fancy.

Wow the fance.

As we left, we walked by my favorite ramen spot of all time in the entire galaxy. I had regrets and wished that we had gone there instead lmao. But it's okay. Another time. From there, we were off to our next destination in lovely urine scented Hollywood!

I talk a lot of shit about Hollywood, and, I'm not entirely wrong, but there are some cool places that are there in spite of that.

This particular evening was a Sinister-themed Saloon of old-timey Western decadence with dark delights. YAY.


I don't think I need to say it but someone should report him to HR, because he's too distracting.

Besties omg

Evenin', gents.


Evenin', floating head and opossum that got in somehow.

Damn, what a handsome nerd.

 My hand looks broken, it's fine.
There were burlesque performances throughout the night. Was pretty dope.

A sexton was walking around. Friends called me out to him so we got a photo together lol. Embarrassing but also endearing, and a little empowering after I got over my shyness. It low-key made me really happy that they were that proud of me to point it out like this waaaah.

Short, relevant sorta, thing: While at EVO, Homdray gave me a little lecture after someone asked me what I did for work. I kept it vague, didn't go into it much. I think I said something like healthcare or that I work with families and stuff. I don't remember. When they left, Homdray was like why don't you wanna say what you do? I said because it's not something that's appropriate for conversation- like, not everyone is in the space to just be confronted with death so casually. I'm constantly overthinking that and try to be mindful in how I answer because you never know who is going through something, who has a phobia, or who just doesn't wanna talk about it. I love what I do and I'm proud of what I do but have come to accept that, from previous reactions, it's just not worth delving into, so I don't open it up.
He said that's stupid and I should just tell people when they ask lol. That I should be openly proud of it because I love it and I shouldn't feel bad about how others perceive what I do.

So! I took that to heart. Which is why when we were at the saloon and friends called me out to take a photo with the funeral characters (it was him and another dude), it was like they were expressing on my behalf how I feel inside but am too conflicted to do myself.

Thanks Homdray. I'm working on it :D

Fun thing: I drank sexton whiskey while studying for exams. You know, for mental health.

Guys look it's me, Cyrano de Bergerac
My nose is the reason I can write so like, gooder.

Ahh, what an awesome night. The drinks were good too.

Wasn't over!

We had no idea there were vendors outside! There was maybe 30 minutes left before they started kicking people out. The booths were so cool and I felt like I had to get something. We were kinda shocked that the vendors weren't better advertised. They were in the patio out in the back but it wasn't obvious to get to if you didn't know your way around. Anyway, we both ended up getting something from two different booths. He got a wood-wick candle and I got a perfume. Support artisans!

By the time we went back inside, the performers were passed out everywhere lol.

That was our cue to exit. And Lifa led us on another adventure.

Moar speakeasies!

We returned to the speakeasy we tried to get into last time but the bouncer was too focused on the group of girls to let anyone else in, so we left.

This time we got in. It was early, so there was barely anyone inside. Damn near perfect scenario. A couple of sidecars later, we were feeling googley.

This cowboy was in space by now

Our bartender was so chill. Smurr accidentally spilled his drink, we all howled in grief before I waddled over to Michael and begged for his forgiveness and to take my money. He thought nothing of it and presented Smurr with a shiny, new beverage. Voila. Imagine if all our problems could just, like, do that. LOL.

I love speakeasy bathrooms. My god. I just. Wanna live in them. No, but they're just so cool.

NEXT SPEAKEASY was another few blocks away.

I like the drinks here. Er rather, a drink here. It's super yummy.

I think it's called Dark Arts?

We were back at the speakeasy with the magician that asked me out through IG. It's fine. He came to our table, recognized some of us and put on a fun show! Was a good time.

He didn't wanna smile!

SMUUURRRRR, SMIIIIILE


Darling, it's grand

To end the night, we had to do it.

Too easy.

GOOD SHIT.


^_^

There's a new coffee shop that opened up not obscenely far from us. (It far but like, still doable.) I was gonna be in the area and this was a great excuse to finally visit!

Family owned and cute aesthetic to it. The sisters are actually really into what they do. One specializes in mixing her own tea blends and the other is a coffee and espresso aficionado who worked with specialty coffee. Their family ran a small coffee shop before but they all decided to take it in this direction and... it's so cute you guys.

It's tiny but the space next door to them is the next goal they have for a tea room! And they also did so well once they opened that they were able to upgrade to a massive espresso machine to keep up with the demand. Makes me really happy. I hope they do well. I'm gonna keep going here when I'm in the area.

They're gonna do awesome, I can feel it.

They also partner with artisans and artists to sell their merch there. Really cool. I recognized some of the artists there. And I bought a lippie! It was by the cosmetic line owned by... one of the burlesque dancers from the saloon! Tadaaaa! Small world!
I got to talk to her for a little bit that night to compliment her on her performance and it was just wild seeing her stuff there.



I took a moment to myself just sitting there enjoying my coffee and muffin. I knew I was gonna stop by here beforehand so I came well equipped. It'd been a while since I played AC. This was such a nice little morning thingie.


BIRTHDAY THINGIES | yay

Mr. Chicken surprised meeee! He's not conventional when it comes to surprises. But this year he really went all out T__T

He even wrapped it lol. He doesn't usually wrap stuff hahaha.

Screaaaaaaam. I'm not even gonna say what I was running with before, it's embarrassing. Can just say that games started crashing more and more consistently over the last year I think. He kept trying to talk me into buying a new card, but I kept telling him I was fine with the one I had because I didn't need a new one just yet. Alas. He spoils me so.

The next morning on the actual day of my birthday, he walks into the room and hands me a bouquet of roses!!!

Did I cry?
Yes.

I'm not someone that expects stuff like this, but am also a huge romantic. (That doesn't care for chocolate. Or gaudy gemstones.) He's my awkward Mr. Chicken but he blew me away this year. I think the roses floored me more than the graphics card lmao.

Then we took us for din din somewhere we hadn't tried yet.

We eat wagyu hehe :D

We'd only gone to one other wagyu place before that has shabu shabu. I really like it. This place had the grill, so we could try wagyu that way!

Was sooo yummy!

I will say though that I think I prefer shabu shabu over grilled. He likes the grilled version more. We'll just have to come back again! They had a nice package that had a ton of selections included.


So once we got home it was time to fix everything lol. I installed the card earlier in the day but before booting up, he noticed that my power supply was missing another cable to the card. Idk why it didn't occur to me to question that it needed an 8 pin and not a 6 pin connector. I think I just wanted it finished and done, but was so careless. I'm glad he caught that.


Soooo yeah, we couldn't find the additional cables to my old power supply, so he went out and got me a new one! This time he insisted on doing everything. I admit, I don't put much effort into cable management the way he does.

After a long day and everything was set and done, the final product was glorious.

He told me it also came with a copy of Starfield. Mind blown.

It was a good day. I was quiet about it so not many people knew but to everyone who reached out and gave me loves, thank youuuuu!! So so sweet and precious and I loved hearing from you. So big big thank you!

I now bid you adieu, most exalted reader. I must return to the lands between and continue to get my ass handed to me by that one guy. Farewell ^_^

/ adieu bidded

No comments:

Post a Comment

*aragorn voice* WHAT SAY YOU