Monday, September 21, 2026

Spent

     Alright, I need to calm down. I think I've capped with my stupid blind box habit (problem) and it's now showing itself in budgeting. It's time, lol. EVO spendings didn't help, but I thought I was good until all this stuff kept coming out and I became completely unhinged. It's not cute, lol.

Completely on me, but admittedly... having a daughter totally lets me tap into girly stuff that I wasn't into when I was younger. The problem is that I've been completely nutso with it and now... I don't like being in this situation I put myself in.

I have to be "good." It's been a challenge all of August and now into September.
That's okay though, because I can redeem myself in October. It'll be fine. I just need to go back to the Before-Cynthia, when she only cared about doing stuff on her computer. 

But that'ssssss hard to do with a daughter that I don't want having cabin fever. T_T
The weekly visits to the Disney parks also tanked me pretty good. Gotta drive it back. BUT OSWALD AND STITCH AND ANNA AND MINNIE ARE LITERALLY HER FRIENDS. I don't wanna keep her from them waaaaahhhh.

Cynthia... wtf are you spending on?!
Well! BEHOLD:


Look. This was a limited time thing and there was a requirement. And It's Scully's autopsy table, C'MON. So I bought my husband and Mung Bean some cute clothes and I got myself this magicband thing that scans me into everything at the parks instead of having to take my phone out and open the app, find the barcode, etc. Mr. Chicken has one, he's had it for a while but there weren't any designs I liked enough. Until now. I feel like an arrogant loser when I walk up to the gate and put my wrist up to the thing. Like, wow so cool, but also like wow what a loser LMAO.

Being a loser feels good though :P

There was a minimum purchase for the X-Files Lego set but I wanted it and ... I haven't assembled it yet, but when I do... it will be a glorious experience. I'm making sure of it. This isn't just... putting Legos together. This is... Scully's lab. 

Mung Bean likes to work the espresso bar with me.


I thought about getting her one of those toy ones, but like... she can just... practice on the real thing with me. SHRUG.



Challenging my coworker to a duel of fat books. 
I annotate my books, he doesn't. 

The blind box thing had gotten a little out of control though. 


Mr. Chicken was sweet and got us some to open together one morning before work. 
But I'm realizing now that it's too much, lol.



Disney with the tios finally!


The day we met up was also a day that happened to fall on D23 weekend. There were all kinds of stuff going on in Downtown Disney. No idea what, didn't care- we raced past it because we're busy.


Special 1 on 1 RNG photo opp was a must. 


Ahh, the tios! Their Magic Key passes finally opened up in August :D 
At one point we split up because they wanted to go on big boy rides, and I saw that Gaston was wandering around. I got Leti (Lifa's dame) to come with me while the guys went for Space Mountain. 

I was so glad we did because I finally got to meet the S Tier Gaston!

He was too much. I couldn't keep a straight face. And he loved Mung Bean T___T

And then Flynn walks up and aggros him

Bless Leti for taking a bunch of photos of us. He's a lot of fun. Leti said I was red the whole time. He was so stpuid loooolol


When she went in for a photo he said something that had us loling T_T

HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

Matching shirt photo woooo


So gross, lol.


We hit up Oga's Cantina. ^_^
They have stuff for kiddos too! 
I didn't let Mung Bean eat the cookie, but she enjoyed her blue milk.


Not all Oswalds are created equal. But I can tell when it's the Oswald that we adore. I've run into two Oswalds that were a little taller and not as animated/receptive. I hope that everyone gets the short Oswald. Whoever that Oswald performer may be has all of my adoration. He/she is just so dear and sweet, and warm and loveable and animated and nice! We can tell instantly when it's someone else. This day, it was our Oswald ^_^

Is that sad, kinda? I paid for this so not to me! LOL




So here's one of my "problems" that I just have to eat now, because returning it isn't an option and I don't like reselling:

Kewpie had made a strong presence and comeback. I love this and also hate it because I am weak.
Some brand I don't care about did a collab with Kewpie to make stuff, and I was the audience.

They came out with these puffy keychain things... blind boxes (of course). And some bags.
I'm trying to not fall into that rabbit hole, but here we are.
I thought... lets be open minded and try a colorful bag for the season! I own two items that are orange: A headband with bats on it that I got from a Halloween event thing at a mall with artist booths, and Disney socks that Cristal got me.

So... screw it. Lets get the bag and try something new. 
I also wanted the Bat bag charm but... Orange was just screaming at me.


The bag is this very, very sizable, bright orange jack-o-lantern with cute Halloween circus Kewpie lining. It's well made, it's sturdy, it's a nice bag. 

I'm struggling to wear it.

There was also a fun event that I dragged Mr. Chicken to. It's a Funeral Association event, the Los Angeles chapter. And we went pretty much to support this lovely lady right heyaaahh: 


Melinda Ramos! 
A.k.a, Mourning Pug


YAY, VENDORS
And there you see one of the instructors for the Cypress College Mortuary Science Program, yaaaaaayyy!
He also oversees the Funeral Service Assistant Certification program at NOCE. 
I call him Mr. Gary and scream it in Spongebob's voice. 

That's a Ducky.
The hat says "Make Autopsies Great Again"

Yaay 1-800-Autopsy !

This was a fun event, mostly because you just get to run into your peers and kinda faceroll for the evening, which we all need to do from time to time to keep sane. Human condition and all.


Yay FISSIES!!
I nagged someone for fishie pellets :D


There was a dinner and raffle prizes to give away at the end of the night. Mel's raffle prize was really sweet.


Her creations are inspired by her grief, and the raffle prize included some beloved personal touches to share with whoever won it - a reminder of who she is and why she does what she does.

I love Melinda, omfg.

I also ended up winning the raffle prize from 1-800-Autopsy! That was nuts, I never win anything.


Good times!
The funniest part was I got complimented by this older gentleman, and all I could think to answer with was my dumbfounded surprise. Lets be real, no one likes weird goths at these functions. That's hyperbolic, but it's totally cliche and gross, honestly. Even I feel that way. Unless you like, know them to be respectable and not smug, weird creeps that think collecting human remains is cool.

Anyway, he said I didn't make him uncomfortable and that he liked my outfit. And then someone else chimed in, who's friends with my boss. He was so friendly!

YAY, NOT MAKING PEOPLE AT A PROFESSIONAL FUNCTION UNCOMFORTABLE :D

There's another event hosting the Los Angeles Medical Examiner and Orange County Coroner, and like, others of the like, and I really wanna go to that. But see, I don't know if that's a good idea because I have a bone to pick with LA. Truth be told, I feel every funeral professional on their receiving end does.

But HEY. IT'S DISNEY TIME.

Another visit, another Oswald hug ^_^

On our way out, she saw this bigger Oswald plushie at his little store by the entrance. She pointed at it and started saying his name. 

We've already established that I am weak.

Also look at that grandfather clock. I wanted it. Grandfather clocks are cool. But... a fake one is kinda cheesy. T_T
 

So the Kewpie thing... I totally bought 3 blind boxes for the 2nd Kewpie Halloween series that got released.


I got the one I super wanted, and I'm happy with the other two. But I decided that the coffin looked kinda whack, so I painted it to look like someone's dad undertook the carpentry task in 1692.
You're welcome for the little history lesson. Undertakers began with carpenters. Wee!
I'm not done, I need to redo the "lining" and the cape, maybe even an ashen wash? I don't know, but my Kewpie vampire is going to look precious. I don't even care about vampires, but the coffin is just so cute.

Man... if vampires were real, they'd smell SO bad. 


Husband admiration time!
This man is ... a beautiful soul. I'm gonna cry.


We're navigating parenthood SO much smoother than horror stories I hear because he LOVES what we've created and he shows it and it's just. Sigh. This month marks 9 years together, and we'll be married 4 years soon. And I'm so lucky.

Meeeeeeee. He chose me T_____T 
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
His beautiful heart...

He makes Mung Bean and I cute French toast for breakfast, he'll randomly make me meals here and there. He just knows when to jump in and scoots me away without my asking. He's present and shows up and checks in and is so sweet and gets me flowers for no reason and buys me dumb stuff that makes me happy and isn't weirdly aggressive or loud. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body and he's not rude. He doesn't like swear words. He's soft and stern. He's polite and friendly and warm, and nurturing. Like, authentically. He still treats us out to cute lunches and dinners and... just all this other stuff. And while navigating life as 1st time parents is a challenge, because we need to watch her and we get little sleep, he's such a beautiful parent. A girl dad through and through. He's my person. My Cheem. And I just... sigh.

Being loved how he has loved and loves me for almost 10 years has changed me for the better. 

We make such a good team, even when we're exhausted and sore and struggling to form English sentences, he is safety and love and home to my soul.


Another trip to the parks! I wasn't intending on doing anything crazy but... I walked into a store in Downtown Disney and had to make an important decision.

Pre-birthday birthday gift for myself, teeeheee


It's a collab between Disney and some brand I didn't know about, but it was a very cute bag, and it's for my birthday. So it was justified another "problem" I ate.

Turns out this brand, "Harvey", makes accessories and bags and stuff from recycled or upcycled seatbelts? Like, by hand? I was gonna say, because the material felt oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Answers that. 

The print is film frames from Disney's Silly Symphony "The Haunted House" (1929). So fly.

And since we were there especially early that day, I saw that Gaston was gonna be around. So we took the gamble and went to go test our luck.

YAY! ^_^

Not all Gastons are created equal, lolol.

He asked what her name is, so I told him and then introduced myself too. He goes "Oh, I don't care what your name is... unless it's Belle" I wanted to CRY LOL. And then he's like "what was it? Sarah?" Just like... not even close. I was laughing but also like... alright... oh okie... das cool... ='] looool.

And as usual, he was so sweet with Mung Bean and loves playing around with her. Waaah

We saw the Ana she originally rejected, lmaooo. But now they were friends, haha.


Snow White and Ariel were so dear with her. 

HOW ARE THESE PERFORMERS SUCH A DANG BLESSIN?

Haunted Mansion was a must.


I went off on these two ladies kinda, lol. We were walking under the gate into the line when Mung Bean kinda pulled my hand back and squatted or something. I had to bend down to pick her up, and these two ladies behind me started going around me, but like, kinda pushing me, like totally just being rude and wanting me out of the way. Not even trying to avoid me. So I said "Guys I'm still in line, I just had to pick her up." My tone was scolding, they paused and looked at me kinda in shock, I walked by them and said "that was really rude." and kept going. They didn't say anything. It's not that serious but also never touch me. Especially when I'm with my daughter. They kept their distance. 


She's been on Haunted Mansion before so this must've been wild for her, lol. She didn't fall asleep this time, so that's good!

We flew with Dumbo ^_^


Empty street. Glorious.

This week was the week of my birthdaaaay, and so much fun was had. But I will save it for another post.
A lot has happened since these moments, and I'm still reeling from Blizzcon. It was so amazing. So I'm gonna go enjoy WC3:Reforged Forsaken Kingdom :D

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT. I don't even like candy but I have a bunch from Oogie Boogie Bash last night and Mr. Chicken just put on Meet Joe Black for me OKAAAYYY BYYYYYEE

No comments:

Post a Comment

*aragorn voice* WHAT SAY YOU