I have these candles everywhere and I never know what to do with the lids.
They're bulky and stupid and wtf do you do with them while you're using the candle? NOTHING. They're glass and heavy, you can't just dump them. So.. with enough boredom, I thought of something other than burning little candles in them.
I. - Take your lid. Just take it. Grab it and put down somewhere. Do it.
II. - Get some paint. Since most of the lid is transparent, use a color that matches your surface. I went with black because I'm not racist.
III. - Paint that ugly plastic part. You can try painting the glass. I wish you all the best. What I did was just messily dab the base with 3 coats, making sure each coat dried completely or suffer the ugly consequences. Acrylic I found that 3 coats should suffice. If it doesn't, why'd you stop then?
IV. - Grats. You now have these wonky little dishes to put tiny cluttery things in. If you're a messy painter like I am, it doesn't matter! It's the same color as your surface. I am using mine for craft findings and jewelry I wear on a regular basis so that I don't have to dig through this ugly tin can with a bunch of random crap in it.
EASY, RIGHT?
I have more of these lying around, but I need to find something to use it for.
This mostly was due to rearranging my craft station, which led to tidying up my room all together and consolidating. Sort of.
He's something from WoW;
Anywho, work sucked but I went grocery shopping on my way home and that always brings me lots and lots of joy. This time I also purchased strawberries to couple with sweetened condensed milk. If you've never had sweetened condensed milk, it's milk... but the consistency is similar to honey, and it's sweet. It says it on the label. It's delicious. I think it's used in a lot of fancy desserts. But I just dump it on strawberries. My mom would give me this as a treat. Try it! It's delish ^_^
Also... this.
Rot noticed a large spider by the steps on our way to our front door. In excitement we both bent down to take a look... when we noticed a red tummy.
It was difficult to keep my hands steady as I captured this little girl but man o man was she neat. We wanted to move her somewhere safe, but she was a little too dangerous even for us. Initially we thought she was a Black Widow. Turns out she's a Brown Widow, which apparently are quite common in southern California. Isn't she so pretty though? She looks like a dangerous predator, but her sleek shape and color also makes her look regal. She's beautiful. I hope no one freaks out and kills her :( She's just trying to survive, and will die off on her own eventually.
In my opinion, killing something simply over the fact that you cannot control your own issue with it is just so incredibly deranged and cruel. And unnecessary. If you're one of those people... next time you see a spider, can you not? It's not out to hurt you. Leave it alone. It just wants to hang out on it's web and eat insects that probably pester you more than that spider did before you realized it was even there. BOOM. Logic.
Okay, I'm off to bed.
We named her Charlotte. ^_^
SHOCKER. I KNOW










No comments:
Post a Comment
*aragorn voice* WHAT SAY YOU